Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Long Awaited Update

What's that saying..."one step forward, two steps back"?

That pretty much describes my frustration right now. On the stepping forward front, my passport came in the mail this week! And, I've also been making progress on gathering my dossier papers. (Though I need to be working faster on this.) But, stepping back is also occuring while trying to gather some of the papers. I don't really want to go in to detail about who, what, etc. but the task of gathering papers of my life has been a test in patience.

This week a close friend got me an Ahmaric dictionary and an Ethiopian cookbook - so in the long run I'm looking more at the steps forward than the ones back.

Moving on to more update news ~
  1. Fundraisers: The adoption process is exciting, but can also be costly. To help with some of the expenses I have been trying to figure out some different fundraising options. I am pleased to annouce that some fundraisers are in the works!
    • Online: I have set up an online t-shirt sale and will notify everyone (here, email, Facebook) when it's all set up and ready to go. I'll also be having an online coffee sale at the same time. Be watching for blog updates and notification emails for ordering information. :)
    • In person:
      • People in Northern Wisconsin should mark their calendar for October 27 so you can enjoy a day of games, raffles, and fun. More details are coming VERY soon!
      • Fox Valley friends and family, I am just starting work on a fundraiser that will help with some of your holiday shopping! I'm hoping to have the get together during one of the first weeks of November.
      • Wautoma area friends, there is something fun in the works...just trying to nail down a when and where. :)
  2. Process: Just an update on the process I'm going through for those of you wondering about steps, timelines, etc. I've completed the Home Study (which formally approves me for adoption) and am gathering papers for my dossier. My dossier is what gets sent to Ethiopia and is used when matching me with my child. Matching can take anywhere up to two years after the paperwork is received - see why I need to get moving faster on my dossier? :)
  3. Prayers: Thank you to everyone for their prayers and positive thoughts. This is an exciting process but can also be lengthy at times. God's reassurance and presence gives me the patience and calmness that I need to get through this.
<3 Thanks for checking in! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment