Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dossier and Grants and Fundraisers...OH MY!

Dossier:
Lately I've been spending most of my time working on putting together my dossier paperwork. I can gratefully say that I'm almost done. After a trip to the doctor this week and a fingerprinting appointment in the next couple weeks I should have everything ready to be sent to get state sealed. THEN all of those precious papers get sent for translation and off to Ethiopia. The day I send those papers to my agency will be bittersweet - I'll be happy that my part of the paperwork will be over and I move to the waiting and educating stage, but I'll also be emotional because that's when the waiting starts and the timetable will be out of my hands. So, the next update will probably be the day I mail them for the state seal, or the day I send the paperwork to my agency.

Grants:
I've also spent some significant time working on grant applications. As I've said a lot on here (and in person) this is a costly adventure, and every little bit can help me reach my parenting goal. There are a few grants out there for me to apply for, and I'll keep you posted as the results come in.

Fundraisers:
First, thanks to those of you who have taken a look, and ordered, from my online fundraisers. If you still need to check them out, the links are to the left. :)
The planning for the fundraiser scheduled at the end of October is in full swing! My mom and I have been putting together the plan of what will be taking place, and some extended family members are helping out with getting raffle and silent auction items. If you're interested in information about the fundraiser, please contact me for details.
Another fundraiser I'm working on is what I think I'm going to start calling a "love and wishes quilt." Friends, family, and fundraiser event attendees will have the opportunity to write a message of love, good wishes, hopes, etc. to my child. These messages will be stitched on strips of fabric and then these strips will be made in to a quilt that will be used on my child's bed. Then, he/she can wrap up in the love and wishes of those people who care about him/her. Again, if you'd like more information about this quilt, please contact me.

School inservice starts next week, and school a week after that, so my mind and focus will start to shift toward lesson planning and paper grading, but my heart is always focused on my child.

Enjoy the fleeting days of summer before the crisp autumn air joins our days - and thanks for continuing to check in on my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment