Sunday, June 12, 2016

Looking back...and forward

It's been about a year since my last entry. I wish I had more to report about my waiting timeline, but I don't. I do have some other things to share, though.

Since my last update I have had many blessings. In the fall of 2015 I was notified that I was awarded a grant I applied for. The grant lifts a large weight off my shoulders and removes some of the fundraising stress. Also in the fall, I held a kickball fundraising event. Friends from the area came to a park for burgers, kickball, and basket raffles. We had a great day (despite the wind) and family from all over the state came to surprise me!
The group from the kickball fundraiser.
Throughout the last year I also sold tshirts a few times. These are shirts I designed, and I always love seeing someone wearing one.
Spreading the love. <3
With all this fundraising, I still continue to have Fundraiser Friday items from time to time in the Facebook group. I am working to raise the money needed for travel expenses. I am continually blessed and in awe of the people who are supporting me through this journey - through donations, prayers, and positive encouragement.

That was looking back, now let's look forward. Here are things I know for sure: July 4th marks five years since I decided to adopt. July 2nd marks one year since my paperwork was sent to South Africa. And, in one year from now I am confident I will be a mom, even if that is just having seen my child's picture and paperwork. I also know my child is out there. That's something to soak in. My child is out there in the world somewhere. Wow. That grounds me and shatters me at the same time when I sit and think about it. My prayer is that he/she is being cared for and loved on as best as can be in the situation. I also pray that he/she knows someone out there loves him/her and is working hard to bring him/her home.

THANK YOU for all your support, in all the different ways you offer it. We are all getting there, one step closer, each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment